Re: apt-get and two cds

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 10:51:50PM -0500, Stephen Pitts wrote:
> You need to use dselect and set the installation method to dpkg-multicd (need
> to get this package) or use the astill-in-beta apt-cdrom package.

Well, I did some more snooping on my CDs.  On the first binary CD, the
Packages file is plain text (human readable), and I can even read the
output of "less Packages.gz."  However, on my second CD, the Packages
file is binary data (i.e. not human readable); also I tried "less
Packages.gz" and that also gives me raw data.

Is the Packages on the second Official binary CD supposed to be
binary, or is my CD corrupt?  It seems fishy that both my Packages and
Packages.gz files would *both* be corrupted.

Anyone have their Official binary discs handy to check up on this?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@students.uiuc.edu