Re:mail clients

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Sean wrote:

>I've been wanting to set up fetchmail/exim/mutt but I've been having a
>hell of a time figuring out the syntax for the .forward file.  The docs
>talk about using the .forward file, but nowhere is there an example of
>what one should look like.

When you're using exim to filter your mail, the .forward file contains
the exim filter rules (like .procmailrc for procmail in a way). Take a
look at the manpage and at the docs in /usr/doc/exim for the syntax of
the file (it's much easier to learn than procmail).

Fetchmail's behavior is controled by a .fetchmailrc file, at the
command line, or by srcipts. It isn't affected by anything in
.forward.

--
Philip Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>