Problems patching kernel 2.0.34

Hi,

I am having problems patching the source from the kernel-source-2.0.34
deb up to kernel 2.0.36.  I downloaded the patchfiles from
ftp.uk.kernel.org and applied them using

	bunzip2 -c patch-2.0.35.bz2 | patch -p0

It basically fails, complaining about several previously applied
patches and one patch to linux/fs/fcntl.c.rej just fails regardless.
Most of the patches do work though.  From reading the README.Debian it
looks like it might be related to the patches Debian have previously
applied.  Is there anyway round this?  Can I use std patches with a
source deb?  If I have to download a std kernel source from kernel.org
can I still use make-kpkg?

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid here but I can't see what.  Can
anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.