Re: Problems patching kernel 2.0.34

Are you trying to apply the patch to the pristine kernel source, or to
the debianized version?  The .deb version has various patches applied
already (for additional hardware support, bugfixes, etc.), and so will
very likely produce rejects.  I'm not sure where to find a description
of the patches which have been applied for any given kernel version, but
there's probably one available at one of the developer's pages, or some
such.

I get around this by downloading the kernel source from a mirror of
ftp.kernel.org, and patching it from there.