Re: Sound blaster 16 pnp

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 11:45:09PM -0400, roddie wrote:
// Roddie:
  I have kernel 2.2.7 running. I have installed the soundcore and sound
  modules, sb module will not install for me, saying that either the device
  is busy, or that i input the wrong parameters. I have tried to install sb
  module with parameters such as I/O=0x220, IRQ=5, DMA=1,5 but it doesn't
  like the I/O characters. So I tried, 0x220, 5, 1 no lucky.

// flip:
It's "io=0x220", not "I/O".
also, you want to load the second DMA as "dma16=5" instead of combining
them....

Also, I'm not sure if the modules args are case sensitive, but  I pass
the args as lowecase (io instead of IO)...

// roddie:
  I used pnpdump.
  Then loaded edited the file. Loaded it via isapnp, and it seemed to work,
  but didn't. cat /dev/sndstat. says this:

// flip:
Still need to get the module loaded before this will tell you anything
useful....

 - flip

------------------------------------- flip@csh.rit.edu/flip@octoraro.org --
"See the summer lightning cast its bolts upon you as the hour of judgement
   draweth near.
 Would you be the fool stood in his suit of armor,
 Or the wiser man who rushes clear?"
    -- Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick