Sound blaster 16 pnp

Ok guys and gals,

After 9 months of having a mute linux system, I have acquired a real
soundblaster 16 pnp. But, of course I can't get it to make noise.

I have kernel 2.2.7 running. I have installed the soundcore and sound
modules, sb module will not install for me, saying that either the device
is busy, or that i input the wrong parameters. I have tried to install sb
module with parameters such as I/O=0x220, IRQ=5, DMA=1,5 but it doesn't
like the I/O characters. So I tried, 0x220, 5, 1 no lucky. I used pnpdump.
Then loaded edited the file. Loaded it via isapnp, and it seemed to work,
but didn't. cat /dev/sndstat. says this:

-------------------------------------
OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver loaded as a module
Kernel: Linux gibby 2.2.7 #2 Mon May 10 13:25:46 EST 1999 i586
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:

Card config:

Audio devices: