Installing Sound Module

I recently installed Slink have been quite happy with its performance except
that I am unable to get the sound card working. I have tried a couple of
other Linux distributions like Red Hat and Caldera's and have found loading
the sound driver as a "module" was much easier. Is there a program that can
do this under Debian also (I mean without recompiling the Kernel - I would
like to be able to load it as a module). I have a SoundBlaster AWE32 card.

Thanks for any help.

-D