Re: Installing Sound Module

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Nadarajah, Dinesh wrote:

> the sound driver as a "module" was much easier. Is there a program that can
> do this under Debian also (I mean without recompiling the Kernel - I would
> like to be able to load it as a module). I have a SoundBlaster AWE32 card.

To get modules, you have to recompile the kernel. In the configuration,
you can choose to put it in the kernel or to make it as a module.

Take a look at Section 11 of the Debian FAQ for more info on recompiling
the kernel.
http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/debian-faq-11.html

hmmm... speaking of that FAQ, it's slightly out of date...
"make-kpkg -r Custom.N kernel-image" doesn't work anymore, you need
"make-kpkg -rev Custom.N kernel-image"... Time to submit another bug
report i guess.