Re: Location of single file (zip) install file for Debian...

Dartmeistr@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/19/99 3:31:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
> lists@anomie.dhs.org writes:
> << On Wed, 19 May 1999 Dartmeistr@aol.com wrote:
>  > Hey Group:
>  >
>  > I was very interested in installing the Debian distribution of Linux, and
>  > have been trying to download it for a little while now.  Was looking at
> docs
>  > for the install and realized that Debian's INtel x86 install page is
> missing
>  > or otherwise unavailable.
>  http://www.debian.org/releases/2.1/i386/install
>  > Most docs I can find are very general (i.e.
>  > assuming I already know which files I need to even install Debian), and
>  > others are geared towards an NFS install that I do not even have the
> hardware
>  > for.  Is there any single (downloadable zip?) file for the complete (as
>  > possible) install of Linux Debian from a DOS system?
>  All the disk images are linked form somewhere in section 5. No zip, but
>  there's only 8 or 10 files to download anyway.
>   >>
> hEY gROUP:
> When I click on this link, all I get is my browser prompting me to save the
> file as:
> This same thing happens in IE 4.0 and Netscape 4.0 too.  Is there something
> wrong with the link, or is there something special; about the file/page?  i
> seem to be able to access the Sparc page OK.

Hmmm. This isn't what happens to me (Netscape 4.51/WinNT x86). I get a proper page.
There's probably something wrong with your browser (eg. it doesn't know it's getting
HTML because the file doesn't end with .htm or .html).

Jens B. Jorgensen