Re: kde apps as .debs??

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Mark Tucker wrote:

>I've got KDE installed on my slink system but I'd like to add some kde
>specific applications.  Are there .deb files out there somewhere for things
>like Korganizer?  Is there some central location where they may be downloaded?

Sure, there is ftp.kde.org and dozens of mirrors. Take a look at the
mirror list somewhere at www.kde.org.

>If not...
>I tried building Korganizer from source but the configure script complained
>about not being able to find the qt libraries.  I know they are installed
>properly as kde is working well.  Is this a common problem and/or what am I
>doing wrong?

Add QTDIR=/path/to/top/of/qtdir to your environment. If you are using
the qt debs, things are scattered all over the place (ie
/usr/X11R6/...), so take a look at the README files that come with the
source code ;)

>From the kdebase README:

-- snip --

kdebase's configure script supports all the standard GNU autoconf
options (you can have the various options listed for you by specifying
the --help switch), plus the following options are also supported.
Note:  the *non* default variation is listed, so if you see
--enable-debug, the default is --disable debug.

`--x-includes=DIR'
     use X include files in DIR

`--x-libraries=DIR'
     use X library files in DIR

`--enable-debug'
     creates debugging code [default=no]

`--with-qt-dir'
     where the root of qt is installed

`--with-qt-includes=DIR'
     look for the Qt header files in DIR

`--with-qt-libraries=DIR'
     look for the Qt library in DIR

`--with-extra-includes=DIR'
     look for include files in DIR in addition to any other
     `standard' paths

`--with-extra-libs=DIR'
     look for [extra] libraries in DIR too

HTH. Philip