Re: PHP3 and Mysql -- Broken Module

On Mon, 17 May 1999, jeb wrote:

> I'm using the latest Debain versions of PHP3 and the PHPMysql module.
> I'm also using the latest version of Mysql. It works fine.
>
> PHP3 seems to work by itself; PHP3 scripts that don't access Mysql
> work.
>
> When I try to run a PHP script, I get a message saying
>
> "Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect()"
>
> I've added the mysql module to the PHP configuration, but it's
> apparent that it can find a library or something that it needs.
>
> Does anyone have this combination working, or are the the PHP module
> for Mysql broken?

The last version of mysql which was in main is not compatible with current
mysql in non-free. I can't link php3-mysql against a package in non-free,
so I'm waiting for a new mysql package in main and then I'll upload
php3-mysql linked against it.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/