Zip Drive & Printer

Hi!

I have some problems in configuring my zip drive and my printer. I have compiled the
kernel
2.2.9 with Zip Drive support. But, after some tries, I lost the contact with my printer. I
have a
script that mounts the Zip Drive perfectly in monkey Linux (with kernel 2.0.30). But, when
I run
the same script on a Debian (with kernel 2.2.9), I receive the following message:

 rmod: module lp not loaded
 Adding Zip drive module on port 0x378
 /lib/modules/2.2.9/scsi/ppa.o:  init_module: Device or resource busy
 can't locate module 0x378
 mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda4 as a block device
              (maybe `insmod driver'?)

And when I was booting Linux, I received the following message from the lp driver:

lp: driver loaded but no devices found

I don't know what's happening with my printer and my Zip Drive. It's runs perfectly in
Monkey
Linux and Win95. But I have problems in a Debian. Any help will be welcome.

            []'s

                 Adilson