Re: Zip Drive & Printer

On 17 May 1999, Adilson dos Santos Dantas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have some problems in configuring my zip drive and my printer. I have compiled the
> kernel
> 2.2.9 with Zip Drive support. But, after some tries, I lost the contact with my printer. I
> have a
> script that mounts the Zip Drive perfectly in monkey Linux (with kernel 2.0.30). But, when
> I run
> the same script on a Debian (with kernel 2.2.9), I receive the following message:
>
>  rmod: module lp not loaded
>  Adding Zip drive module on port 0x378
>  /lib/modules/2.2.9/scsi/ppa.o:  init_module: Device or resource busy
>  can't locate module 0x378
>  mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda4 as a block device
>               (maybe `insmod driver'?)
>
> And when I was booting Linux, I received the following message from the lp driver:
>
> lp: driver loaded but no devices found
>
> I don't know what's happening with my printer and my Zip Drive. It's runs perfectly in
> Monkey
> Linux and Win95. But I have problems in a Debian. Any help will be welcome.
>
>             []'s
>
>                  Adilson

I don't know why you are getting this message but I don't use any modules
at all and have no problems with printing through my Zip drive (kernel
2.2.8). Try compiling a kernel without modules?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)