Re: Emacs and suidunregister

Rob Browning wrote:

> This was a bug in the way I was calling suidunregister in the emacs20
> postinst.  I *think* it's fixed in the newer packages.  If you have a
> reasonably inexpensive net connection, try installing the current
> emacs20 and then purging it.  If that doesn't fix the problem, let me
> know.

Rob,

Sorry I took so long to respond, but my mail system was misconfigured
and I got tired of sending out mail with bad headers (sgore > srgore).

I installed and purged emacs20.3-7, and still have the following in
/etc/suid.conf:

  emacs /usr/lib/emacs/19.34/i386-debian-linux/movemail root mail 2755
  emacs /usr/lib/emacs/20.3/i386-debian-linux-gnu/movemail root mail 2755

I haven't attempted to edit these lines manually, and am willing to leave
them if you need a test case for a fix.

Thanks,

Steve Gore
<srgore@ev1.net)