Re: Kernel 2.2.x: PPP routing problem?

At 08:32 16/05/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>I have a working ppp on kernel 2.2.9. my pppd command is
>
>exec /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS0 115200 lock modem crtscts \
>         asyncmap 0 defaultroute connect $DIALER_SCRIPT
>pppd --version
>(pppd version 2.3 patch level 5)
>
>egrep -v '#|^ *$' /etc/ppp/options
>domain mindspring.com
>mru 1500
>mtu 1500
>name <login-name>
>
> I don't recall making any changes to the above when going to the 2.2.x
>kernel.  The only differences I can see are what i show above.

Nope. None of that makes any difference. I've now tried downgrading to PPP(d) 2.3.5, and upgrading to 2.3.8. I don't think it's anything to do with DNS, but here are a few things:

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain globalnet.co.uk  # <- Tried with, without,
search globalnet.co.uk  # <- and combinations of.
nameserver 194.126.82.5
nameserver 194.126.86.9

# /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1	splodge	localhost loopback
Minus loopback, no change. Splodge is current hostname.

# /etc/inetd.conf
discard	daytime		time	talk
ntalk		shell		login	exec
smtp		ident

inetd.conf shouldn't matter if it works in 2.0.36.

Someone might need a good LARTing over this.... but it's probably just me.

Still seeking help on this...

Thanks,
 Kris