Re: Kernel 2.2.x: PPP routing problem?

At 20:21 15/05/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>Ppp is known to have problems with 2.2.X.

Indeed it does. *thwap*

>How about the far end of the ppp link?

Nope; the only thing I can ping or otherwise communicate with is localhost & the dynamic IP which I'm assigned (from /var/log/ppp.log).

>Option names have changes and the old ones may not be supported anymore.
>To turn off compression use 'nobsdcomp', 'nodeflate', and 'novj'.  I no
>longer recall what '-am' did.  Check the man page.
>
>As a long shot, try turning off all compression.

I've tried nobsdcomp, nodeflate, novjc, novjccomp, and probably a few other things; nothing cures it. I reckon that even if the compression stuff wasn't set right, _some_ packets should make their way in/out.

Incidentaly, I earlier tried upgrading to potato (libc6 & so on) and recompiling the kernel to include anything which looks even remotely route-looking; no luck (made the man output have a Perl error though; nothing serious).

I'm starting to think that I've either got a curse put on me my by an evil goat, or I'm just doooomed to failure.

Any other ideas, anyone? (Pretty please?)