Re: Kernel 2.2.x: PPP routing problem?

Kris writes:

> # cat /etc/resolv.conf
> domain globalnet.co.uk  # <- Tried with, without,
> search globalnet.co.uk  # <- and combinations of.
> nameserver 194.126.82.5
> nameserver 194.126.86.9

The 'domain' and 'search' directives won't affect your problem (In fact
they are rarely needed at all).

> # /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1	splodge	localhost loopback
> Minus loopback, no change. Splodge is current hostname.

'loopback' just adds a nickname for localhost.  You don't need it.  You do
want an fqdn in hosts, though.  I use:

127.0.0.1       hasler.dhh      hasler   localhost

This won't affect your problem either, though.

> inetd.conf shouldn't matter if it works in 2.0.36.

inetd.conf shouldn't matter at all for this problem.

> Still seeking help on this...

Wish I could be more help.