Re: making linux look bad

	Subject: Re: making linux look bad
	Date: Sat, May 15, 1999 at 08:38:58AM -0400

Quoting David B.Teague(dbt@cs.wcu.edu):

> On Sat, 15 May 1999, tf wrote:
> > > Hey everybody
>
> > > I make linux look bad.  I've been messing with it for almost 2
> > > years and have never had it running well enough to use.  So.
> > > can someone give me a strategy to follow?  I'm obviously
> > > going about this the wrong way.  I think it would help if I got
> > > ppp working-both pon and wvdail dial out, but leave the line
> > > open and not connected to anything.  right now, my only
> > > internet connection is via windows.
> > >
> > > "RTFM" would be warrented, probably, but I already know that
> > > one!
> > -t
>
> Hi t
>
> Yes, RTFM, but these guys will try to help you if you make that
> effort.
>
> BUT to help you, there is a strong need for you to carefully
> describe your hardware and software: motherboard, CPU, RAM, disk
> interface, amount of disk, video card, video card memory size,
> modem, Debian distribution version, where you are getting your
> distribution, (if a CD, who the vendor is, or if from a web site,
> perhaps from whence you are down loading)
>
> As important as the hardware information, you should be quite
> specific about the problems you are experiencing. Error messages
> would be a big help.
>
> You will find this list to be thick with really good experts who
> are willing to help, given the needed information!
>
> Lots of luck,

In addition to David's comments, you could also go to www.debian.org
and look tru the archives of this list.  There have been 'many'
problems solved on this list, and the answers are in the archives!

If you find the answer there and solve some of your problems your
confidence will rise, along with with you Linux/Debian knowledge.
It's a win win!

--
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>