making linux look bad

Hey everybody

I make linux look bad.  I've been messing with it for almost 2 years and have never had it running well enough to use.  So.  can
someone give me a strategy to follow?  I'm obviously going about this  the wrong way.  I think it would help if I got ppp
working-both pon and wvdail dial out, but leave the line open and not connected to anything.  right now, my only internet
connection is via windows.

"RTFM" would be warrented, probably, but I already know that one!
-t