Re: making linux look bad

On Sat, 15 May 1999, tf wrote:
> > Hey everybody

> > I make linux look bad.  I've been messing with it for almost 2
> > years and have never had it running well enough to use.  So.
> > can someone give me a strategy to follow?  I'm obviously
> > going about this the wrong way.  I think it would help if I got
> > ppp working-both pon and wvdail dial out, but leave the line
> > open and not connected to anything.  right now, my only
> > internet connection is via windows.
> >
> > "RTFM" would be warrented, probably, but I already know that
> > one!
> -t

Hi t

Yes, RTFM, but these guys will try to help you if you make that
effort.

BUT to help you, there is a strong need for you to carefully
describe your hardware and software: motherboard, CPU, RAM, disk
interface, amount of disk, video card, video card memory size,
modem, Debian distribution version, where you are getting your
distribution, (if a CD, who the vendor is, or if from a web site,
perhaps from whence you are down loading)

As important as the hardware information, you should be quite
specific about the problems you are experiencing. Error messages
would be a big help.

You will find this list to be thick with really good experts who
are willing to help, given the needed information!

Lots of luck,

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (Hope this qualifies:)