Thanks to You All! (Re: 8 Newbie Questions)

Thanks all for the help.  Seems after reading all the suggestions and
linux/debian commands you posted I found that not all of the packages
installed the first time through (some of the subdirectories are empty and
files are missing elsewhere). My paths weren't correct either.

I'm now running dselect and having it install the uninstalled packages and
will go from there to copy my files from floppies, navigate within the
separate partitions to create the subdirectories and programs I want, and
connect my win95 system to my linux system so I can transfer files easily
and play multiplayer games against the kids... er test my perl scripts
remotely prior to uploading to my domain. =^)

After reinstalling the uninstalled packages and getting everything running
I'll post the results.

Thanks again for all the help!!!!!

Andre'