Re: bash functions

Does bash contain a pause feature other than control-z?

When I type 'help' the screen scrolls past and control-z doesn't stop the
top few lines from scrolling away before I can read them.  with dos I'd
just type 'dir /p' or type '<filename> |more'

Are there equivalent set of commands for bash?

Thanks!

Andre'