Re: Help with apt

	Subject: RE: Help with apt
	Date: Fri, May 07, 1999 at 11:20:12AM -0400

Quoting Jonathan J. Lupa(jlupa@csisolutions.com):
> Question:  So how do I, running from a slink CD, get and install potato's apt?
>
> If I add entries for 'unstable' in /etc/apt/sources.list, and then go into
> dselect, it wants to upgrade my world to potato.

Or if you do apt-get upgrade  <shudder>

Add the potato link to sources.list and then just do
apt-get update ( to let apt & dselect know about the potato Package
lists)  then apt-get install apt.

Then I would comment out the potato entry in sources.list, lest I
forget and do apt-get upgrade, and blow the whole thing out!

> Of course, I can always just go download the deb and run dpkg on it, but is
> there a better way?

Yes, as I said above.

Dselect ? Do people 'still' use that?

--
Command, n.:
  Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in