frame buffer & ati rage fury

HI,

I'm new with linux (3 weeks), and I wasn't able to set frame buffer with my ATI
rage fury (rage 128 GL cpu) since 3 days.
The text part is working very well (I respond 0x0317 to the "vga=ask" lilo line,
and I get 1024x768x16 text mode Ok)
The docs are not very helpfull, since, even together, I wasn't able to determine
the use of "Xvfb", toward "XF86_FBDev"...
My XF86Config file is just like the framebuffer.txt says, but it still don't
work!
If anybody have an answer, he (she?) will be VERY WELCOME!!!!!!
JY
--
jybarbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>

BOYCOTT INTEL, VISIT http://www.bigbrotherinside.com