Re: DNS time to live & lookup delays...

Your TTL already seems to be zero (note the second field in the answer record):

chilin$ dig stream.klaradio.com

; <<>> DiG 8.1 <<>> stream.klaradio.com
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      stream.klaradio.com, type = A, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
stream.klaradio.com.    0S IN A         164.67.190.178

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
klaradio.com.           1d9h40m58s IN NS  NS1.klaradio.com.
klaradio.com.           1d9h40m58s IN NS  NS2.klaradio.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
NS1.klaradio.com.       0S IN A         209.241.149.168
NS2.klaradio.com.       1d9h40m58s IN A  209.241.149.169

;; Total query time: 3604 msec
;; FROM: chilin to SERVER: default -- 127.0.0.1
;; WHEN: Tue May  4 09:46:03 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 37  rcvd: 133