Re: ftp of complicated directory structure (with tmp simlinks)

*- On 30 Apr, Richard Harran wrote about "ftp of complicated directory structure (with tmp simlinks)"
> I am trying to completely copy a complicated directory structure using
> ftp.  It has four levels of directories, all with lots of branches.  I

Package: wget
 Wget [formerly known as Geturl] is a freely available network utility
 to retrieve files from the World Wide Web using HTTP and FTP, the two
 most widely used Internet protocols.  It works non-interactively, thus
 enabling work in the background, after having logged off.
 .
 The recursive retrieval of HTML pages, as well as FTP sites is
 supported -- you can use Wget to make mirrors of archives and home
 pages, or traverse the web like a WWW robot (Wget understands
 /robots.txt).

or

Package: mirror
Section: net
Installed-Size: 422
Maintainer: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>
Version: 2.9-2
Depends: netbase, perl
Recommends: mailx
Conffiles:
 /etc/mirror/mirror.defaults 77855678b2c2577da14fc1bbb8ef1695
 /etc/mirror/packages/ftp.debian.org 4af6d5ab3fd101442c2774ae7d384b7a
 /etc/mirror/mm/ftp.debian.org 6b7f9a72c4ca727e5ee0aa215565e6f7
 Mirror uses the ftp protocol to duplicate a directory hierarchy
 between the machine it is run on and a remote host. It avoids copying
 files unnecessarily by comparing the file time-stamps and sizes before
 transferring.  Amongst other things, it can optionally gzip and split
 files.  It was written for use by archive maintainers but can be used
 by anyone wanting to transfer a lot of files via ftp.

--
Brian