Re: help: ppp w/kernel 2.2.x

*- On 30 Apr, Robert V. MacQuarrie wrote about "Re: help: ppp w/kernel 2.2.x"
> On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 ANShevin@aol.com wrote:
>>Try going back to a previous version of ppp. I installed 2.3.7-3, and my ppp
>>broke completely. Going back to whatever version came with hamm or slink
>>fixed my trouble.
>>Avi Shevin
>
> Has anyone worked this problem out yet? I'm running 99% Slink (2.1) with
> 2.2.5 Kernel and using ppp 2.3.5-2. PPP connections are slow enuff but
> when I'm constantly seeing 'Stalled' in a netscape download window or wget
> simply stops it gets really frustrating :-(

I am getting this too.  I just upgraded from slink ppp 2.3.5 to
potato's 2.3.7 with no change on kernel 2.2.6.  Some days I have no
problems other days it is horrible.  This is what is really confusing
because it is very inconsistent.  If it was bug in the software or
something I would think that it would happen all time.

I do think it is a kernel issue though since I did not have these
problems with 2.0.36.

--
Brian