Re: X over network

Paul Nathan Puri <publisher@ompages.com> writes:
PNP> What client software do I need to run X over the network?

Any X client (e.g. xterm, fvwm, xemacs, netscape, ...) can run
remotely over the network.  You also need an X server, which is the
same X server you'd install to run X locally.  It's also useful to
channel X connections through an ssh connection, which involves having
ssh installed.

PNP> What are the hardware requirements?

A network?  AFAIK there aren't any special hardware requirements.

PNP> Is there a good HOWTO on running X over networks?

There's a Remote-X-Apps mini-HOWTO, which covers a lot of the
important questions and FAQs about doing this sort of thing.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://donut.mit.edu/dmaze/
"Hey, Doug, do you mind if I push the Emergency Booth Self-Destruct Button?"