Compiling keyboard maps...

I finally figured out why I was missing so many necessary files. I
ommitted downloading the 'devel' directory because I thought it was
only developement tools like compilers and such. Plus the fact that
it's the largest dir there at 208 mb.

Now that my OS is up and running fine I have been trying to get X11 up
and going. I went through <xf86config> and told it to autoselect the
kbd setup using 'KBD' but when I run <startx> I have no mouse or kbd.
The only thing I can do is hit CTRL-ALT-BKSP and shut down X11. I then
can see the error that kbdcomp was unable to compile my kbd map. I
have not touched the script. I tried doing <xf86config> without 'KBD'
but the kbd still doesn't respond. I looked around a bit in 'xmodmap'
but it looked like it was already setup for US QWERTY.

Any ideas?

--
Sent by Pop3Now, http://www.pop3now.com
(c) 1998,1999 Cave Creations Corp. All rights reserved.