Re: Netscape: document-specified fonts problem

Robert-Jan Kuijvenhoven <kuijf@kabelfoon.nl> writes:
RJK> If I setup netscape to use document-specified fonts, on some
RJK> (parts of) pages, the font wil be very ugly and almost impossible
RJK> to read. It looks a bit like a picture in netscape that has not
RJK> finished loading yet.
RJK>
RJK> Please help.

<rant>HTML is a document-description language, not a page-layout
language.  Fonts are not part of the semantic content of the
document.</rant>

If you set up Netscape to always use the standard font, you won't have
these problems, and Web pages will look more or less the same as
always.  Really.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://donut.mit.edu/dmaze/
"Hey, Doug, do you mind if I push the Emergency Booth Self-Destruct Button?"