Re: IRQ and PS/2

*- On 28 Apr, Lazar Fleysher wrote about "IRQ and PS/2"
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have run out of IRQs.....
> Well, actually I have one left (IRQ12), but it is reserved for PS/2 bus.
> I do not have a manual for my motherboard, so I do not know how to disable
> the ps/2 bus. I have a regular serial mouse and AT-type (5-pin) keyboard.
> The motherboard also has something called PS/2 mouse header pins. So I
> thought, since I can not disable the ps/2 bus (no manual) I could connect
> somehow a PS-mouse to the computer and free an IRQ from a serial port.
>
> Could some one suggest how to connect the mouse to these pins, if it is
> possilble. Where can I get the correct adapter?

Well you can buy serial->ps/2 and ps/2->serial converters for you mouse
at most computer and office supply stores.  But your mouse has to be
able to support both interfaces.  I don't know how to check if it
supports it or not.  Most newer MS and Logitech mice to I think.  I
don't know about other brands.

--
Brian