Network newbie

Okay, is there any walk-through written on how to configure my home
network?  I've got two machines, with NE2000-compatible network cards.
I've recompiled my kernel to give me module support of them, but now I'm
stuck.  Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can find the
instructions?

(FWIW I've read the NET-3 HowTo, and find it sadly lacking.)

Thanks

-bob

Cananyonepleasetellmehowtofixmyspacebar?
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    368 Clyde Building, BYU       *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *        Provo, Utah  84602        *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (801) 378-2029       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (801) 378-4449         *