Re[2]: Network card is giving trouble

Anyone at all:

I  have  one D-Link 220-P (CT) ISA-PNP... HOW? Dow so I set this up...
any ideas, any references to read?

Same thing for a generic NE2000 ISA-PNP....

tia

Matthew McFarlane
-----------------
Nils> On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 05:14:19PM +0000, Jose L Gomez Dans wrote:
>> Hi!
>>       A colleague is setting up a Linux box to interface some hardware
>> with a web interface. Everything's running smoothly: he logs some data
>> through a serial connection, and then formats it in html. Fine. The only
>> problem he's found is actually setting up his Linux box to connect to the
>> network. We have the ip numbers, broadcast addresses, dns servers...
>> Everything is fine, but if we try to ping some host apart from loopback,
>> nothing happens, and eventually, the number of collisions reported by
>> ifconfig grows rapidly. it looks as an IRQ conflict is lurking around. This
>> computer has two serial ports, both of them work fine, and are on use. There
>> doesn't seem to be any problem in the /proc infos we get. Moreover, we're
>> pretty sure the network card has got the right IRQ and base numbers.
Nils> ISA or PCI card?

Nils> If it's an ISA non PnP mode card, then on many mainboards you need to ensure
Nils> the card actually sees the IRQ by marking it as Legacy/non PnP

Nils> What does cat /proc/interrupts /proc/ioports say?

Nils> Nils

Nils> --
Nils> Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
Nils> To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source