Re: [OT] Whitch adaptec SCSI card?

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Ries van Twisk wrote:

> Dell is currently offering a PowerEdge 1300.

> 18Gb Ultra-2/LVD SCSI HD.
> Adaptec AIC-7890 Ultra-2/LVD SCSI  Controller (inergrated)
> DDS-3 DAT-Drive 12/24GB SCSI-3

> I will call them about the of they can offer my an other SCSI  Controler.
> I haven't talked to the support engineer yet. Hopefully I know this
> by tomorrow.

The controller is integrated into the motherboard, so it's unlikely that
you'll get them to change it.  However, that SCSI controller is (I
believe) what Dell delivers in their Poweredge 2200's that I install
Debian 1.3.3 on without any problems.

I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention.  Are you having problems or are you
anticipating them?
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/