Re: smail, not open email relay

:-) Done, and with the new version the attrib you suggested is exactly
what I needed :-)

I put this link in /usr/lib:
/usr/lib/libnsl.a -> libident.a

Compilation of smail-3.2.0.102-1 needed libnsl, none of the packages in the
Debian1.3.1 binary CD contained such file, but I started thinking it could
belong to a more recent bind/libident/libident-devel package... if none of
the Debian1.3.1 packages had that library, maybe the required functions were
already in some other libraries... I could eliminate -lnsl everywhere from
the smail source tree, or just put that link.

Notice: I had this warning at compile time (but it was not the only one):
domain.c: In function nslookup':
domain.c:119: warning: passing arg 7 of res_mkquery' from incompatible
pointer
type

_THANK_YOU_ Martin (I would be going mad on the docs of the old smail
version without your clue, assuming that smail, conceived for the uni*es
and adopted by Debian, sure has been offering that feature since its very
first versions).

Nicola