Re: Is ssh 2 incompatible with ssh 1?

Well, let me say what I did to get it working:

I installed ssh1 first...
with deamons and all...
then I installed ssh2... over that.
then edited /etc/ssh2/ssh2_config

set this to yes, when I found it in the manpages:
Ssh1AgentCompatibility          yes
so, now when a ssh1 client tries to connect to my system...
the ssh2d(aemon) will start the ssh1d(aemon) with the options he himself
got.

I hope this helps you too.

Leen.

(Well actually, I already had ssh2 installed... but just installed ssh1
over it and ssh2 over that again... and had to make some small changes in
/usr/local/sbin/, something about a link... I think that's also in the
manpages).