Matrox G200 and X

I have downloaded the latest SVGA driver from Xfree86 [1] for my new
video card - a Matrox G200.  However, I am getting poor performance,
like 320x200x256.  I have used both XF86Setup and xf86config without
success.  I have had no problems with Diamond and Matrox cards in the
past, but this is my first AGP... I don't believe that makes a
difference though. (let me know otherwise!)

I did notice my Video and Network cards share the same IRQ, 9... Would
this affect it?  I have never been a PC hardware guru, but if this
could be the problem, could someone give me a pointer, webpage, or
HOWTO for resolving this?

Thanks,
Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>
Network Adminstrator

[1] 3.3.3.1, and I would have used the debian packages for 3.3.3 from
~vincent on master.debian.org, but I receive this error from apt-get:
  [snip]
  Fetched 1607kb in 8s (197kb/s)
  E: Size mismatch for package xlib6g