Re: Problem running scripts in ip-up.d

Hi,

ip-up is a script running scripts in the directory /etc/ip-up.d using the
run-parts command.

My problem was that would not run my scripts. I have now looked at the
run-parts docs, and have found out tha my scripts can not contain .'s in the
the filename. This was the reason they would not run!

I am still unsure if the script ip-up is run when I am using Xisp, or if I will
have to move the run-parts command from ip-up to the xisp script.

On 21-Apr-99 dlr@postbox.ius.cs.cmu.edu wrote:
> Christian - ip-up has to be executable, not just a script.  Possibly
> this is your problem.  See
>   http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/FAQ/PPP-FAQ-7.html#ss7.11
> Good luck,
> David
>
>    Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:36:43 -0500 (CDT)
>    From: Christian Dysthe <cdysthe@bigfoot.com>
>
>    Hi,
>
>    I am using Xisp to connect to my ISP. I have made two scripts I want to
> run
>    when I am connected, and I thought they would be if I put them in ip-up.d
>
>    I have tested both scripts by running them "manually", and they work fine,
> but
>    they do not seem to be run when I connect, at least they aren't doing what
>    wanted them to do. They are both owned by root.
>
>    [...]

Regards,
Christian Dysthe
Email: cdysthe@bigfoot.com