Re: 3 button mouse

> ] I just bought a new 3 button mouse for the convenience of better cut and
> ] paste, and find that I can't seem to make it work.

Fabio Olive leite:
> Most likely your mouse is (like mine) a dual mode mouse. Check if it
> doesn't have "PC" and "MS" written somewhere around the ball hole. For
> sometime this kind of mouse came with a nice switch below it that would
> select the mode, but then god-knows-why they changed it

Actually, I think there have always been the two approaches. I remember the
`hold down the mouse' idiocy from at least the early nineties.

The solution is to check the mouse in the shop before buying it.

> to an "insanely great" approach: the mouse defaults to micro$oft mode,
> which uses only two buttons (don't ask); if you want it to work in
> MouseSystems mode, which has three buttons, you have to turn on your PC
> holding the left mouse button down.

Come to think of it, this isn't nearly as ridiculous in Linux as it is in
DOS/Windows.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently