Re: How to bring a file from Windows to Debian?

Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk:
> Quoted-printable is an abomination, and the least satisfactory of all the
> solutions to non-ASCII/non-RFC mail.
>
> As well as planting "=20" at the end of long-line breaks (and granted
> there is a need for a solution to the long-line problem), any true "="
> goes into "=3D", as well of course as all characters with codes > 128
> going into "=XX". So far so bad.

You haven't touched half of it. ISTR reading that at least two currency
symbols codes end with a digit (pound and yen), causing people to think
amounts are an order of magnitude larger than intended.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently