Re: Potato

You can upgrade the kernel without changing from slink to potato.  I
asked about upgrading to kernel 2.2.x and recieved the following
information from Graham Ashton:

quote "
	I've been running 2.2.6 here without any problems on all my
	boxes. 2.2.4 was also free from problems for me (didn't try
	2.2.5).

	issues with slink are explained here;

	http://www.uk.debian.org/releases/stable/running-kernel-2.2

	I'd do it if I was you. I thought the speedup was noticeable,
 	but I'm running SMP.
 " end quote from Graham Ashton

HTH
Rich