Re: Burn the Official Debian CD

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:06:17 +0000, Shao Zhang wrote:

>    I have got the official debian 2.1 and would like to make a copy of
>it. I am wondering if I need any special
>software in order to make them still bootable. Since the machine where
>the burner connected has got Windoze, I have got no idea how to do this.

No special measures are necessary. The CD is a simple one-data-track-only
CD. You can copy it with whatever program you want to use, under whatever
platform you like, PROVIDED that your software copies the complete data
track (do NOT copy it file by file, by selecting or dragging files from the
CD into a compilation, thereby creating a "virtual" image, otherwise the CD
can't boot anymore.)

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\