Re: Star Office 5 & Potato/Glibc2.1??

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:11:40 CST, wrote:
> Hello,
> I was the one who posted the original message for help with this.
> After reading your message, I played around with the "soffice" wrapper that
> calls soffice.bin.  Here's how I got mine to work...
>
> 1) I got the libc deb from slink.
> 2) I manually unpacked the archive (ar -x libc???.deb; tar xvfz data.tar.gz)
> 3) I edited the soffice wrapper:
> a) In the section where it sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I believe it is the
> *) option in the block that starts with "case $sd_platform in"), I
> added the path where my glibc2.0 is located to the BEGINNING of the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/myuser/glibc2.0/lib:$sd_inst/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> b) The last line of the soffice script, I changed as follows:
> exec /home/myuser/glibc2.0/lib/ld-linux.so.2 $sd_inst/bin/$sd_binary "$1" "$2
> " "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6" "$7" "$8" "$9"
>
> It took a *WHILE* (8-15 seconds) for it to load the first time (I run a
> P200 w/128M RAM), but it did load, and seems to function properly.  When the
> program first loads, it gives me a message box that says, "Error opening
> document /home/myuser/Office50/bin/soffice.bin: Nonexistent object.  Filter
> not found."  I click the OK button, and it works.

Hmmm...I just tried this, finally, and I can't seem to get it to work. I get
the following error messages:

soffice.bin: error in loading shared libraries
soffice.bin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What has changed in the last month or so? Perhaps the slink version of libc?

Thanks,
Robbie