Re: hard drive test

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 08:33:51PM +0200, Pere Camps wrote:
> 	I need a hardware-intesive testing program for hard drives. One of
> my drives has just blown, and I want to try to figure out what has
> happened.
You could try:
1) Compiling the kernel with "make -j" (I think you need to change the
   definition of MAKE).  Also, make shure all swap is on that device.
2) Running multiple concurent badblockses.
3) Letting netscape eat all memory (<G>).

	-=- James Mastros
--
"My friend Data: You see the world with the wonder of a child, and that
makes you more human then any of us."