Re: [off topic] new apt ?

> Christian Lavoie <clavoie@enter-net.com> writes:
>
> > > Those are very old screenshots of apt (originally named deity). I have
no
> > > idea if they still resemble the current apt.
> >
> > More or less.
>
> Isn't apt a command-line tool though? If not, how does one run it with
> a GUI?

I made myself unclear there, sorry.

The apt_x.x.x.deb package contains apt-get which is the command-line tool
you are referring to. As far as I'm concerned you can use it in an xterm ;)
The same pacakge also contains the dselect apt method. Its simply putting
apt's power under the 'friendly' dselect interface. I think it indeed
blatantly use apt-get as it's backend. (Or the same libs)

The gnome-apt_x.x.x.deb package (needs 'more or less' a recent gnome, an is
available on the gnome-staging areas) contains gnome-apt, which is what
those screenshots represent. It's only a GUI, which uses apt-get to do all
it's real work. (and of course dpkg)

Christian Lavoie
clavoie@enter-net.com
UIN: 947212