Don't think that this is going to work:
Firstly, when I type:
	ldd 'which netscape'
it says can't open ...;

Secondly, if I type
	$ which netscape
	/usr/X11R6/bin/netscape
	$ ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape
	ldd: /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape is not a.out or ELF

This is because netscape installs with a (script) wrapper to deal with
opening urls in already running netscape, not running as root, etc.

Probably what would give the desired output is the following:
	$ ldd /usr/lib/netscape/netscape
As this is where the debian install puts the netscape binary (at least
on my machine)

Rich