Re: IDEA: Official Debian Support Team?

> I've noticed a lot of vendors jumping on the Linux bandwagon and
>starting to offer support for thier system that run Linux. But, it seems
>that it is only for SUSE, Redhat, Caldera and TurboLinux. WHY NOT >DEBIAN?
Is
>it because we are not commercial? And if so, I propose a Debian >support
>team.

Its an idea to be thought about I suppose, but I've always received all the
support I need from this list, along with other Debian information.  I've
used RH, but never felt like I was part of a community like with Debian.

<sic>

>This is something that concerns me and I would hate to see Debian >lost
>because of not being commercial.

To my mind, Debian succeeds in many of it's objectives, purely through *not*
being commercial.

Just my  $0.02

Adam