Re: kde

Paul Winkler wrote:

> I recently installed Kde 1.1 on Debian 2.1.  I did it this way;
>
>         1.  Install the qt library version 1.42 -2 from the debian site
>
>         2.  Download from ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming/debian ,
>             (or a mirror) , the following fpackages and install them using dpkg
>             (dpkg -i package.deb) in this order:
>
>         kdelib2g
>         kdebase1.1
>         kdebase-il8n
>         kdeanim
>         kdesupport
>         kdegames
>         kdegraphics
>         kdenetwork
>         kdetoys
>         kdeutils
>         kdewallpapers
>
> This desktop is very nice!

I haven't been paying much attention to kde/gnome strings as I'm happy
with xdm and fvwm2 but I'm starting to get curious.  It wouldn't be
worth it to me to loose the gui setup I have now.  Is it possible to
have xdm/fvwm2 and kde coexist?  It would be nice to leave my "F7"
terminal the way it is and have kde on "F8."  I'd like to know if this
is possible before trying to install kde.  I'm using Slink.
thanks,
kent