Re: kde

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, ktb wrote:

> I haven't been paying much attention to kde/gnome strings as I'm happy
> with xdm and fvwm2 but I'm starting to get curious.  It wouldn't be
> worth it to me to loose the gui setup I have now.  Is it possible to
> have xdm/fvwm2 and kde coexist?  It would be nice to leave my "F7"
> terminal the way it is and have kde on "F8."  I'd like to know if this
> is possible before trying to install kde.  I'm using Slink.
> thanks,
> kent
>

> --

My install of Kde 1.1 did not bother my existing xdm/fvwm2 setup.

The installation places the line - /usr/X11R6/bin/kde in the file
/etc/X11/windowmanagers.  If you do not wish to boot Kde, place a # sign
at the beginning of the line (i.e. comment it out).  The first line in this file
determines which window mamager boots.

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null