Re: Adobe Type1 fonts in X

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, eric a. Farris wrote:

> I just got some Type1 fonts off of Adobe's TypeOnCall CD. When I run
> these through type1inst to update the fonts.scale i get "First Byte in
> Packet not 0x80" from pfbtops and it refuses to go any further. (1) is
> this fixable? (1a) how? (2) is there a better/different way? i have the
> afm, pfm, and inf files for the fonts as well. can they be used to
> generate the apropriate, mystical line in fonts.scale?

those pfb-s might be not compiled fonts, if this is the case you may
compile them with t1asm-freetype (found in the freetype-tools package)
and get some real pfb-s which you can feed to the x server.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/